The night of January 5th sees the much awaited arrival of Los Reyes (The Three Kings) each year and January 6th is a public holiday everywhere in Spain and the Canary Islands as Epiphany is the biggest family day of the holiday season.
As well as national, regional and island-specific public holidays, each municipality in Tenerife also has its own local public holidays, when town halls and businesses will be closed. Those falling in January 2016 are as follows:
- LA GUANCHA: 18th January - Día de Nuestra Señora de La Esperanza
- ADEJE: 20th January - Festival of San Sebastián
- LOS REALEJOS: 22nd January - Festival of San Vicente
As for celebrations, the following fiestas will be taking place on the island this month:
- 17th January - Fiestas of San Antonio Abad in Arona, Buenavista del Norte , Güímar, La Florida (La Orotava) and Los Silos.
- 21st January - Fiestas of San Sebastián in Adeje
- 22nd January - Fiestas of San Antonio Abad in Icod de Los Vinos
- 22nd January - Fiestas of San Sebastián in Los Realejos
 Although the saint's day is January 17th, the main events of the fiesta: the livestock fair and processions are most likely to take place in Buenavista del Norte on the following weekend, on Sunday, 31st January 2016.