|Corpus Christi Flower Carpet in La Orotava|
June begins with one of the loveliest events of the whole year: the día de las alfombras (day of the carpets), when the streets of La Orotava will be filled with ephemeral floral carpets - and the heady aromas of petals and foliage - on the "octava" (eighth day) of Corpus Christi, which this year takes place on Thursday, 2nd June 2016.
There are no national or regional public holidays in June.
There are the following municipal holidays in June:
- 2 June: Infraoctava del Corpus Christi in La Orotava.
- 13 June: Festivity of San Antonio de Padua in Granadilla de Abona.
- 24 June: Celebration of San Juan Bautista (St John the Baptist) in Guía de Isora, Los Silos and San Juan de la Rambla.
- 29 June: Festivity of San Pedro Apóstol in El Sauzal and Güímar.
Fiestas being celebrated in June include:
- 13 June: San Antonio de Padua in Granadilla de Abona.
- 24 June: San Juan Bautista (St John the Baptist) in Arico, Icod de los Vinos and in Puerto de La Cruz.
- 24 June: Nuestra Señora de los Reyes in Garachico.
- 29 June: San Pedro Apóstol in El Sauza.
And there's a pretty full programme of Romerías this month too:
- 5 June: Romería San Isidro Labrador y Santa María de la Cabeza in La Orotava.
- 5 June: Romería Guamasa in La Laguna.
- 12 June: Romería de la Mancha in Icod de los Vinos.
- 24 June: Romería de Igueste in Candelaria.
- 26 June: Romería Tacoronte in Tacoronte.
- 29 June: Romería San Pedro in El Sauzal.