The biggest events of July are the Fiesta del Carmen and July fiestas in Puerto de la Cruz, which takes place each year on the on the Tuesday before the 16th - this year the 12th - here are some Tips to See the Best of the Fiestas del Carmen in Puerto de la Cruz.
The celebrations in honour of the Virgen del Carmen are the most important festivals in Puerto de la Cruz. Thousands of people gather on the fishing dock to watch the arrival of the Virgin as she is carried by fishermen onto one of the boats before setting sail on an maritime procession.
Embarcación Virgen del Carmen Puerto de La Cruz
There are no national or regional public holidays in July. However, at municipal level, the following fiestas are public holidays in the districts listed:
- 12th July - Fiestas of the Virgen del Carmen in Puerto de la Cruz.
- 25th July - Fiesta of Santiago Apóstol in Santiago del Teide.
- 26th July - Fiesta of Santa Ana in Candelaria, Garachico and Santiago del Teide.
- 10th July - Romería San Benito de Abad in La Laguna.
- 16th July - Fiestas of Nuestra Señora del Carmen in Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Los Realejos.
- 25th July - Fiesta of Santiago Apóstol in Los Realejos.
- 25th July - Fiestas of Santa Ana in Candelaria.
- 25th July - Commemorations of the Battle of Santa Cruz de Tenerife - see How Lord Nelson Lost His Arm - with a re-enactment of the naval battle performed by locals and actors.
- 31st July - Romería Finca España in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.