|Managing the ox team at San Antonio Abad in Buenavista del Norte|
The month begins with the much awaited annual visit of of Los Reyes (The Three Kings) on night of January 5th and January 6th is a public holiday everywhere in Spain and the Canary Islands as Epiphany is the biggest family day of the holiday season.
As well as national, regional and island-specific public holidays, each municipality in Tenerife also has its own local public holidays, when town halls and businesses will be closed. Those falling in January 2017 are as follows:
- LA GUANCHA: 18th January - Día de Nuestra Señora de La Esperanza
- ADEJE: 20th January - Festival of San Sebastián
As for celebrations, the following fiestas will be taking place on the island this month:
- 17th January - Fiestas of San Antonio Abad in Arona, Buenavista del Norte, Güímar, La Florida (La Orotava) and Los Silos. 
- 21st January - Fiestas of San Sebastián in Adeje
- 22nd January - Fiestas of San Antonio Abad in Icod de Los Vinos
- 22nd January - Fiestas of San Sebastián in Los Realejos
 Although the saint's day is January 17th, the main events of the fiesta, the livestock fair and processions, are most likely to take place over the weekend of 14th / 15th January 2017. We'll add more specific dates if we hear of them.